Scot airways came into being on November 1984 with its headquarters in Cambridge, England. It has a fleet size of 7 and is scheduled to reach 5 destinations. It is a English airline with its main base in Dundee, Scotland. It mainly operates domestic services within United Kingdom and the Netherlands. Scot Airways has a permission to carry passengers, cargo and mail. Earlier it was named Suckling Aviation after the name of its founders. Scot Airways started operating n 26th April 1986. In the beginning, Scot Airways operated only charter and air taxi services. Ipswich Airport was the only airport, from which Scot Airways functioned. The Scot Airways fleet is adorned with 7 Dornier 328-110 (G-BWIR, G-BWWT, G-BYHG, G-BYMK, G-BYML, G-BZOG, G-CCGS).
Scot Airways operates within the domestic limits and the following are its major destinations:
Like the rest of the world, even the Scot Airways was disturbed by the September 11, 2001 attacks. It had to cut down its expansion for the sake of its survival. Thus, the Cambridge Airport was no longer used as its base, rather Dundee came to occupy the position of its main base for all its operations and activities. Operations had to be dismantled from newly found destinations, which led to a considerable amount of loss. But in 2004 Scot Airways soared back into air with its first profit in several years.
- Netherlands : It covers only one location in Netherlands and it is as follows:
- Amsterdam (Schipol International Airport)
- United Kingdom: Scot Airways has only 2 destinations within England and they are as follows:
- London (London City Airport)
- Southampton (Southampton Airport)
- Scotland: Flights of Scot Airways take off and are received in 2 airports in Scotland:
- Dundee (Dundee Airport)
- Edinburgh (Edinburgh Airport)
- Northern Ireland: Only one airport receives Scot Airways flight services:
- Belfast (George Best Belfast City Airport)
However, Scot Airways was sold to Roy and Merlyn Suckling on the 18th of September 2006. Starting from the March of that year Scot Airways became a partner airline of 'City Jet' for 'Air France'. London City Airport is its main hub now.
Flightstolondon.com wishes you a enjoyable ride on board the Scot Airways.